
Today we looked at Florence, and Mapleton, from the river. We put the boat in at the Port of Siuslaw in Old Town and began with a run to the ocean. It was fun to see the businesses, and our condo, from the rivers point of view. Other boaters were setting their crab pots while we made our way to mouth of the river. We turned around near the Harbor Vista campground, as the Coasties were doing training manuevers in the channel and it looked like there were south side swells fairly deep into the river this morning. So, eastward we go.

I've always wanted to see Mapleton from the river, and that was our next stop. The river channel was hard to see, but luckily we saw the direction from which other boats had just come from, and headed towards the road. Once into the narrower river, the channel and scenery were beautiful. The ride to Mapleton took about 20-30 mins if my memory serves me right. The ride is slow as there are frequent areas with boats docked, requiring "no wake".


A boat docked near Mapleton.


Florence Restuarant Review: Travelers Cove, in Old Town. After a spin on the lake we headed for lunch. We dropped in just after 12 noon, and unfortunately we missed a deck table by minutes. This was our first visit here and over all had a good experience. There's still a nice view of the river, even from a booth not at the windows. The food arrived fast and was delicious. I had the chili rellenos burrito, which has become one of my "take-out" favorites.
The next day we drove the boat around Woahink Lake. I have no photos of that event. It's a nice lake though, and I wished I had brought fishing gear. What was I thinking?
No comments:
Post a Comment