It's been a while since I've been over to Florence and I miss the area. The other day I was thinking about all the thing there are to do in the Florence area and why going to the "coast" at Florence is different than other places. I came up with the slogan "Florence: The Beach, with Options" because of these reasons:
- You can walk on the beach and watch the ocean. Watch the surfers and windsurfers play in the water.
- The Dunes National Park offers a variety of experiences, including ATV'ing, dune buggy rides, sand board and good old visual interest.
- Florence is surround by lakes and rivers, with all the activities provide by such features. My favorite include a canoe/kayak water way trail, crabbing, salmon fishing, and trout fishing. One lake is home to an underwater SCUBA diving park!
- Cape Perpetua is just north of Florence and provides wonderful hiking trails with great views of the ocean and even a spouting horn! (hike the trail down to the ocean, near hwy 101 and follow the signs.

No comments:
Post a Comment